This is a daily round up of important news from India and around the world between Nov 28, 2018 and Nov 29, 2018 (until the time of publishing). The focus is on important news around developments in the blockchain space, on exchanges and crypto projects, not on price action.
Please note that this is neither the only nor the exhaustive list, we are constantly trying to improve the feed and if you have any feedback, please feel free to contact us.
Cryptocurrency and Blockchain related news from around the World.
- 0.1 1. One Lakh (100k) Blockchain Phones by PundiX rolling out in 2021
- 0.2 2. Cloud Giant AWS announces Two Blockchain Services
- 0.3 3. In a first, US treasury department sanctions two Bitcoin wallets in a Ransomware case
- 0.4 4. Blockchain Oil Trading Platform Backed by Shell and BP Is Now Live
- 0.5 5. Steemit has laid off close to 70% of its staff to cut costs
- 0.6 6. Envion AG a mining firm that raised $100 Million in ICO, shut down by Zug (Switzerland) Court
- 1 Bite-sized News
1. One Lakh (100k) Blockchain Phones by PundiX rolling out in 2021
PundiX has created the world’s first point-of-sale (PoS) solution, XPOS, which lets merchants and consumers transact on the blockchain in physical stores. While XPOS has been reportedly shipped to the UK, Switzerland, Colombia, Taiwan, Brazil and South Korea, over 100,000 XPhone devices are scheduled to be rolled out to the global retail market by 2021. Read the full story on Yourstory.
2. Cloud Giant AWS announces Two Blockchain Services
Covering both decentralised and centralised trust, Amazon Managed Blockchain supports Ethereum and HyperLedger, while the Amazon Quantum Ledger Database is a fully-managed ledger database. Read the full story on Zdnet.
3. In a first, US treasury department sanctions two Bitcoin wallets in a Ransomware case
In the past three years, over 200 known victims were targeted by the ransomware called ‘SamSam’, which collectively led to over 7,000 Bitcoin transactions worth millions of U.S. dollars. Read the full story on NewsBTC
4. Blockchain Oil Trading Platform Backed by Shell and BP Is Now Live
The platform is now ready to facilitate the trade in crude oil between commodity firms, claiming to be the “first enterprise grade” blockchain solution within the oil and gas market. The blockchain platform is aimed to help trading companies replace paper-based documentation with smart contracts. By automating parts of the process, the move is expected to help companies cut costs, reduce errors and make post-trade processes more efficient. Read full article on Coindesk.
5. Steemit has laid off close to 70% of its staff to cut costs
In an official announcement, the CEO of Steemit Ned Scott said, “Given the weakness of the cryptocurrency market, the fiat returns on our automated selling of STEEM diminishing, and the growing costs of running full Steem nodes, we have been forced to layoff close to 70% of the team.” Read the full announcement on medium. If the irony of Steemit CEO using medium has settled in, please hit the share button below.
6. Envion AG a mining firm that raised $100 Million in ICO, shut down by Zug (Switzerland) Court
Only the headlines are enough for these news
- Hardware wallet Ledger Nano S announced support for Monero. Read News
- Video Card company Sapphire Technology has announced the launch of crypto mining rig for Ethereum. Read Story
Disclaimer: The news articles cited or sourced are from platforms other than Coin Crunch India. CoinCrunch.in does not endorse nor support views, opinions or conclusions drawn in these articles. CoinCrunch.in is not responsible for or liable for any content, accuracy or quality within these articles. Readers should do their own due diligence before taking any actions related to the content. Coincrunch.in is not responsible, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any information from the articles below.
Psst, Look here:
Thank you for reading this post.
Usually we place an advertisement here. We never place ads in the middle of the article, there should be no intrusion between you and the post you choose to read.
Coin Crunch India has worked on exclusive articles and investigations more than any other Indian crypto media platform, and we will continue to do so. We are doing it without collecting any information from your browser or installing cookies. But, let us be honest, our ad revenue has plummeted. Many good projects are saving money in this bear market, and many bad ones are being rejected by us.
So, consider this as an advertisement. In this ad we are asking you to buy us coffee.
To help us keep bringing you the exclusive content for free and help us sustain without selling bad ads, consider making a small donation. You can tip us in Cryptocurrency from our donation page. Your little help can keep a bold crypto media platform alive and keep fighting the misinformation and fake news in the market.