This is a daily round up of important blockchain and crypto news between Jan 08, 2019 and Jan 09, 2019 (until press). The focus is on important news around developments in the blockchain space, on exchanges and crypto projects, not on price action.
Please note that this is neither the only nor the exhaustive list, we are constantly trying to improve the feed and if you have any feedback, please feel free to contact us.
1. Ethereum Foundation awarded a $5 million grant to Parity Technologies
The funding has been aimed to boost work on Casper and the scaling solution dubbed sharding as well as light clients, audits, developer tools, audits and Infrastructure. It would support firm’s work building ethereum 2.0.The grant would be provided in several phases based on milestones reached with first phase already completed. Read more
2. Taiwanese city- Kaohsiung set to launch ‘Stablecoin’ to woo tourists
As per reports from Taiwan’s China Times and mainland Chinese news agency Xinhua, the pilot project would be launched at three tourist hotspots on January 18. The project is a result of increase tourists from South Korea. The user would be using smartphone app to spend coins which are based on block chain technology. Read more
3. Swiss based ShapeShift laid off 37 of its employees
The CEO also revealed in the post that during 2018, the company “got hit from four sides.” He cites legal issues, “people and structural issues,” problems with customers and financial issues as the main contributing factors, stating that the “confluence of these issues combined with our own lack of product focus that resulted in today’s layoff.” Read more
4. Pakistan-based Telenor Microfinance Bank (TMB), and Telenor’s Easypaisa have jointly launched an international remittance service in Pakistan
The new services would significantly improve the speed and efficiency of remittances between Malaysia and Pakistan by allowing nonstop, real time monetary transfers while eliminating the need of intermediary costs and tracking customer’s fund. Read more
5. Delhi cybercrime police make fourth arrest in $70 million crypto scam
Indian police arrested Rohit Kumar, a collection agent in the crypto currency scam by the organisation named ‘Flintstone Group’. The group launched fraudulent currency and promised massive returns to 25000 investors which were never full filled. Read more
Only the headlines are enough for these news
- Japan Plans to bring scheme for regulation of Unregistered Crypto Investment schemes Read Story.
- Top $1 Million lost after 51% Attack on Ethereum Classic: Coinbase Research ReadStory.
- Google play forces Crypto wallet Samourai to remove security features Read Story.
- Brazil’s new president shuts down ‘Indigenous Crypto currency project’ Read Story.
- Poland starts its Crypto tax experiment. Cryptocurrency trade will be treated similar to stock market. Read Story.
Disclaimer: The news articles cited or sourced are from platforms other than Coin Crunch India. CoinCrunch.in does not endorse nor support views, opinions or conclusions drawn in these articles. CoinCrunch.in is not responsible for or liable for any content, accuracy or quality within these articles. Readers should do their own due diligence before taking any actions related to the content. Coincrunch.in is not responsible, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any information from the articles below.
We removed the advertisement to remind you about supporting Coin Crunch India. Donate to Keep News Free from influence, research oriented and exclusive on Coin Crunch India. Click here to Donate.