This is a daily round up of important blockchain and crypto news between Jan 15, 2019 and Jan 16, 2019 . The focus is on important news around developments in the blockchain space, on exchanges and crypto projects.
Please note that this is neither the only nor the exhaustive list, we are constantly trying to improve the feed and if you have any feedback, please feel free to contact us.
1. Spanish Energy Firm Repsol Claims Blockchain Can Help It Save 400,000 Euro per Year
Madrid-based energy company Repsol reported a successful test of a Blockchain pilot to improve the quality of safety certification of its products. It is expected to enable the company to identify and track samples and products throughout the entire process of production. In the first nine months of 2018, the company’s net income reached 2,7 billion euros, rising by 37 percent since the beginning of the year, according to Financial times. Read more
2. Cybercriminals generate Bitcoin by spoofing BBC news web page
Cybercriminals are using new scam to generate money by spoofing BBC news web page and deceiving users by rerouting them to affiliate websites which generate Bitcoin for the scammers. The scam works by sending convincing-looking emails to internet users with a “Display Message” link that directs users to websites that have been carefully designed to look like BBC News. Read more
3. Ford, LG to Pilot IBM Blockchain in Fight against Child Labor
IBM has announced two separate projects that aim to track supply chains for the metals industry using the Hyperledger Fabric Blockchain platform.One is designed to track cobalt traveling from a mine in the Democratic Republic of Congo to a Ford Motor Company plant, while the other seeks to monitor the shipping of metals from a mine in Mexico. Read more
4. Bankrupt Bitcoin miner Giga Watt forced to shut down day-to-day operations
At present, both access and power to the facilities in which Giga Watt operates have been closed to the company. Those who have completed their know-your-customer verification will be able to withdraw any cryptocurrency remaining in their wallets until March. Giga Watt will also be returning some mining equipment back to customers. Read more
5. More Oil Giants to Join Blockchain-Based Platform Vakt for Energy Commodity Trading
As per Reuters report, Chevron-one of the largest American multinational energy corporations and two other major energy companies have joined Vakt for energy commodity trading. The Vakt platform backed by JPMorgan’s Quorum Blockchain technology aims to become a digital transaction platform that would transform the oil business worldwide. Read more
Only the headlines are enough for these news
- HSBC Settled FX Deals Worth $250 Bn on Blockchain Last Year Read Story.
- ABCC Exchange Becomes First Platform to List TRC10 Tokens Read Story.
- Canada Digital ID System Could Use Blockchain to Secure Data, Says Banking Executive Read Story.
- Leading Ethereum Researcher Vlad Zamfir to Collaborate with Casper Labs to Speed Up CBC Upgrade Read Story.
- Word Press is launching a new publishing platform with built in Blockchain tools Read Story.
Disclaimer: The news articles cited or sourced are from platforms other than Coin Crunch India. CoinCrunch.in does not endorse nor support views, opinions or conclusions drawn in these articles. CoinCrunch.in is not responsible for or liable for any content, accuracy or quality within these articles. Readers should do their own due diligence before taking any actions related to the content. Coincrunch.in is not responsible, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any information from the articles below.
We removed the advertisement to remind you about supporting Coin Crunch India. Donate to Keep News Free from influence, research oriented and exclusive on Coin Crunch India. Click here to Donate.