This is a daily round up of important blockchain and crypto news between Jan 17, 2019 and Jan 18, 2019 . The focus is on important news around developments in the blockchain space, on exchanges and crypto projects.
Please note that this is neither the only nor the exhaustive list, we are constantly trying to improve the feed and if you have any feedback, please feel free to contact us.
1. Spanish Car Manufacturer SEAT Joins Alastria Consortium to Develop Blockchain Products
Spanish automobile manufacturer SEAT has joined Alastria consortium to work on the development of blockchain-based products. As part of the collaboration, SEAT plans to test the benefits of blockchain in the field of finance, aiming to improve and optimize the existing processes and facilitate supply chain management. Read more
2. Crypto Exchange Coinbase Acquires San Francisco-Based Tech Startup Blockspring
San Francisco-based Blockspring produces tools that enable developers to automatically gather and process information from application programming interfaces (APIs). Following the acquisition, Blockspring will reportedly continue operating as an independent entity, while any changes to its business will not be binding on the company’s current and new customers. Read more
3. BitPay Hit USD 1bn despite Market Drop
By adding new clients and cryptocurrencies, Bitcoin payment processor BitPay has managed to process USD 1 billion in transactions in 2018, or second year in a row, despite the market drop last year. The company claims that it has set a new record for transaction fee revenue by adding new customers like Dish Networks, HackerOne, and the State of Ohio. Read more
4. TenX Denies Allegations of Wrongdoing, Claims Cards Are Finally Live
Singapore-based TenX, one of the top 10 initial coin offerings of 2017, has taken to a YouTube livestream to deny allegations of wrongdoing, specifically insider trading, that have begun to surface around the time their co-founder and former president Julian Hosp left the team. They also touched upon the subject of crypto cards, which they claim are live in Singapore as of today, with the rest of Asia set to follow soon. Read more
5. After its Bigger Rivals Bittrex Also Launches OTC Trading Desk With Guaranteed Pricing for Large Trades
After Circle, OKEx and Bitfinex now Bittrex has also announced its own OTC trading desk for cryptocurrencies, which shows how much interest exchanges are taking in this new market of crypto trading where large trades are executed by big players. The OTC crypto trading desk of Bittrex will offer the same 200 crypto assets for trading that are available on its regular exchange platform. Read more
Only the headlines are enough for these news
- Supreme Court to Start Hearing Final Arguments on Crypto Case against RBI from Feb. 26th Read Story.
- Academics from MIT, Stanford University and University of California Working on New Cryptocurrency Read Story.
- Syndicate Bank to Use Blockchain for ATM Reconciliation to Shorten Reconciliation Process Read Story.
- US: Bitcoin ATM Firm Coinme to Sell Bitcoin at Coinstar Coin Counting Machines Read Story.
- Grayscale’s Newest Crypto Investment Trust Will Hold Stellar Lumens Read Story.
Disclaimer: The news articles cited or sourced are from platforms other than Coin Crunch India. CoinCrunch.in does not endorse nor support views, opinions or conclusions drawn in these articles. CoinCrunch.in is not responsible for or liable for any content, accuracy or quality within these articles. Readers should do their own due diligence before taking any actions related to the content. Coincrunch.in is not responsible, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any information from the articles below.
We removed the advertisement to remind you about supporting Coin Crunch India. Donate to Keep News Free from influence, research oriented and exclusive on Coin Crunch India. Click here to Donate.