This is a daily round up of important blockchain and crypto news between Jan 18, 2019 and Jan 19, 2019 . The focus is on important news around developments in the blockchain space, on exchanges and crypto projects.
Please note that this is neither the only nor the exhaustive list, we are constantly trying to improve the feed and if you have any feedback, please feel free to contact us.
- 0.1 1. Ford Motor Company Working on Another Use Case of Blockchain, Plans to Use it in Cobalt Supply Chain
- 0.2 2. ICOs Raised $160 Million in First Half of January, Report Says
- 0.3 3. Ethereum’s Constantinople Upgrade Postponed to Late February
- 0.4 4. How BlockEx Went from $24 Million ICO to Layoffs in Less Than a Year
- 0.5 5. Law Enforcement Requests to Shapeshift Rose 175% in Second Half of 2018
- 1 Bite-sized News
1. Ford Motor Company Working on Another Use Case of Blockchain, Plans to Use it in Cobalt Supply Chain
Ford, which has got a number of blockchain related patents, is also planning to use the technology for ensuring the elimination of Cobalt mined by children from its supply chain. Therefore, it’s joining forces with IBM, LG Chem, RCS Global and Huayou Cobalt to trace and validate the minerals sourced ethically. The project will be based on IBM’s blockchain platform, and will be powered by Hyperledger of Linux Foundation. Read more
2. ICOs Raised $160 Million in First Half of January, Report Says
In January, the combined hard cap- the maximum amount of money that a project can secure from investors during an ICO-amounts to more than $4 billion. As per the report, three fundraisers out of the five largest this month have reached or almost reached their hard caps. ICObench also reported that the number of ICO listings has continued to decline in January, suggesting that the phenomenon is losing its popularity. Read more
3. Ethereum’s Constantinople Upgrade Postponed to Late February
Ethereum’s long awaited Constantinople upgrade, which was planned for January 16th, will be coming on February 27th. This was decided at today’s core developer’s phone call. The upgrade was postponed due to a vulnerability which was discovered by smart contract auditor ChainSecurity. Read more
4. How BlockEx Went from $24 Million ICO to Layoffs in Less Than a Year
BlockEx’s treasury couldn’t stop taking hits in 2018 – and for the London-based startup, it has meant significant delays, scaled-back ambitions and layoffs. According to a year-end review penned by Leonard earlier this month, the company is working to finalize a new round of fundraising. lockEx’s treasury took a number of hits with cascading effects through 2018. Read more
5. Law Enforcement Requests to Shapeshift Rose 175% in Second Half of 2018
In a blog post accompanying the report, Shapeshift outlines that it typically receives requests from law enforcement agencies for data including crypto addresses (in or out of the Shapeshift system), transaction IDs, identity information (names, emails, IP addresses), cryptocurrency or crypto asset information and more. ShapeShift emphasizes that in most cases it is not informed of the details of the investigation or probe for which the data is being gathered. Read more
Only the headlines are enough for these news
- Linux-Targeting Cryptojacking Malware Disables Cloud-Based Security Measures: Report Read Story.
- Binance Declines to Confirm Locations for Reported Crypto-Fiat Exchange Read Story.
- Taiwan: Bitcoin Traders Ran $51 Million Crypto Scam, Prosecutors Say Read Story.
- Overstock’s Patrick Byrne Says tZERO Will Launch Next Week Read Story.
- OECD Calls for ‘Delicate Balance’ in Global ICO Regulation Read Story.
Disclaimer: The news articles cited or sourced are from platforms other than Coin Crunch India. CoinCrunch.in does not endorse nor support views, opinions or conclusions drawn in these articles. CoinCrunch.in is not responsible for or liable for any content, accuracy or quality within these articles. Readers should do their own due diligence before taking any actions related to the content. Coincrunch.in is not responsible, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any information from the articles below.
We removed the advertisement to remind you about supporting Coin Crunch India. Donate to Keep News Free from influence, research oriented and exclusive on Coin Crunch India. Click here to Donate.