This is a daily round up of important blockchain and crypto news between Jan 22, 2019 and Jan 23, 2019 . The focus is on important news around developments in the blockchain space, on exchanges and crypto projects.
Please note that this is neither the only nor the exhaustive list, we are constantly trying to improve the feed and if you have any feedback, please feel free to contact us.
- 0.1 1. IDRBT Issues Blueprint for Implementation of Blockchain Technology in Banking Sector
- 0.2 2. Crypto Exchange Bithumb Seeks US Listing via Reverse IPO
- 0.3 3. Bitfury Releases Merchant, Developer Tools for Bitcoin’s Lighting Network
- 0.4 4. Hong Kong Hardware Manufacturer Releases Mining GPU for New Privacy-Oriented Coin
- 0.5 5. Crypto Exchange Huobi to ‘Likely Launch Its Own Stablecoin in 2019,’ Says CFO
- 1 Bite-sized News
1. IDRBT Issues Blueprint for Implementation of Blockchain Technology in Banking Sector
The Institute for Development and Research in Banking Technology (IDRBT) has come out with a roadmap to implement blockchain technology in the banking sector. The blueprint suggests the adoption of the new technology in the various businesses and organisational functions along with common protocols to ensure interoperability among different entities. Read more
2. Crypto Exchange Bithumb Seeks US Listing via Reverse IPO
Bithumb, one of the largest cryptocurrency exchanges by trading volume, is looking to go public in the U.S. through a reverse merger.It had signed a binding letter of intent agreement with Singapore-based BTHMB Holdings, the holding company of Bithumb, for the reverse merger deal. Once the deal goes through, the combined entity would be known as Blockchain Exchange Alliance (BXA), potentially becoming the first U.S.-listed crypto exchange. Read more
3. Bitfury Releases Merchant, Developer Tools for Bitcoin’s Lighting Network
Bitfury announced a comprehensive
product list to support the tech on Wednesday, including an open-source
lightning wallet and hardware and software tools for merchants and payment
processors to accept payments. It also released developer tools and a public
lightning network node called “The Peach” to let bitcoin users open or create
4. Hong Kong Hardware Manufacturer Releases Mining GPU for New Privacy-Oriented Coin
Hong Kong-based computer hardware manufacturer Sapphire has announced a new graphics card for mining the recently-launched GRIN Coin. The SAPPHIRE RX 570 16GB HDMI Blockchain Graphics Card is one of the first of a “new family” that will support mining of the new GRIN Coin. GRIN, which was released earlier this month, is a privacy-oriented token that is touted as a fully decentralized and democratized digital asset.Read more
5. Crypto Exchange Huobi to ‘Likely Launch Its Own Stablecoin in 2019,’ Says CFO
Top 5 cryptocurrency exchange Huobi has plans to launch its own stablecoin this year as part of its 2019 road map.During a presentation in Singapore today, Huobi’s CFO said the company will also update its trading platform and continue its international expansion. Like many other major exchanges, Huobi has already adopted a hands-on approach to stablecoins, which are cryptocurrency tokens pegged to a stable value either by an underlying fiat currency, or algorithmically. Read more
Only the headlines are enough for these news
- 50 Cut as $60 Million Blockchain Project Nebulas Lays Off 60% of Staff Read Story.
- Bitcoin thefts: Cambridge scholars find an ‘ancient’ way to combat future cryptocurrency crimes Read Story.
- PocketBits Becomes First Exchange Globally to Launch Nomination Feature for Crypto Holdings Read Story.
- JP Morgan-Backed Firm Partners with Blockchain Startup Owned By Former Deloitte Exec Read Story.
- New Analysis Suggests $16 Million in Crypto Stolen in Cryptopia Hack Read Story.
Disclaimer: The news articles cited or sourced are from platforms other than Coin Crunch India. CoinCrunch.in does not endorse nor support views, opinions or conclusions drawn in these articles. CoinCrunch.in is not responsible for or liable for any content, accuracy or quality within these articles. Readers should do their own due diligence before taking any actions related to the content. Coincrunch.in is not responsible, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any information from the articles below.
We removed the advertisement to remind you about supporting Coin Crunch India. Donate to Keep News Free from influence, research oriented and exclusive on Coin Crunch India. Click here to Donate.