This is a daily round up of important blockchain and crypto news between Jan 25, 2019 and Jan 26, 2019 . The focus is on important news around developments in the blockchain space, on exchanges and crypto projects.
Please note that this is neither the only nor the exhaustive list, we are constantly trying to improve the feed and if you have any feedback, please feel free to contact us.
- 0.1 India: Crypto Regulations in Finalisation Stage
- 0.2 1. Startup Polymath Locks up 75 Million Tokens
- 0.3 2. Blockchain Predictions Market Stox and Founder Sued for $4.6 Million
- 0.4 3. Apple Co-Founder Steve Wozniak Declares He Sold All His BTC Holdings at $20,000 Peak
- 0.5 4. Crypto Exchange Bitstamp Announces Partnership with Major Swiss Online Bank
- 0.6 5. Dutch Banking Giant ABN AMRO to Store Bitcoin for its Users in New Pilot
- 1 Bite-sized News
India: Crypto Regulations in Finalisation Stage
In a response to an RTI application, the Department of Economic Affairs said the report of committee deliberating on cryptocurrency regulations is under finalisation. Read more
1. Startup Polymath Locks up 75 Million Tokens
Polymath, a company best known for advancing the idea of security tokens is locking up 75 million of its POLY tokens, that’s 7.5 percent of the total supply, and a quarter of the current circulating supply. Treasury management has been a hot topic in the blockchain industry as asset prices have dropped. Read more
2. Blockchain Predictions Market Stox and Founder Sued for $4.6 Million
Chinese investor has sued Israel-based blockchain prediction market platform Stox and its founder Moshe Hogeg over alleged fraud. Investor Hu said in the filing that he had invested ether cryptocurrency to the value of roughly $3.8 million in the Stox platform after being convinced by commitments in the firm’s white paper that, if it could raise $30 million in ether, it would put the total amount into developing its platform and ultimately boost the price of Stox tokens. Read more
3. Apple Co-Founder Steve Wozniak Declares He Sold All His BTC Holdings at $20,000 Peak
Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak has said that he sold all of his Bitcoin when the currency hit$20,000 in December 2017. Wozniak said that he first bought an undisclosed quantity of Bitcoin when the crypto was at about $700 because he “wanted to experiment with It.” Read more
4. Crypto Exchange Bitstamp Announces Partnership with Major Swiss Online Bank
European cryptocurrency exchange Bitstamp has announced a partnership with major Swiss online bank Dukascopy. Clients will be able to send BTC to their accounts, convert them to U.S. dollars and trade on the Swiss FX Marketplace. In addition to that, customers can transfer their funds back to the wallet in form of BTC. Read more
5. Dutch Banking Giant ABN AMRO to Store Bitcoin for its Users in New Pilot
Dutch bank ABN AMRO
has announced a pilot program of 500 clients in which it will be managing
Bitcoin on their behalf. The move is being seen as a change of mind in
Only the headlines are enough for these news
- Coinbase to Help US Citizens File Crypto Taxes Read Story.
- Binance claimed leaked Crypto Exchange User KYC Data Doesn’t Affect their Accounts Read Story.
- IOTA thief who stole digital currencies worth €10 million nabbed by Europol Read Story.
- VanEck founder says U.S. government shutdown resulted in withdrawn of Bitcoin ETF Read Story.
- Blockchain Project Polkadot Plans ICO to Raise another $60 Million Read Story.
Disclaimer: The news articles cited or sourced are from platforms other than Coin Crunch India. CoinCrunch.in does not endorse nor support views, opinions or conclusions drawn in these articles. CoinCrunch.in is not responsible for or liable for any content, accuracy or quality within these articles. Readers should do their own due diligence before taking any actions related to the content. Coincrunch.in is not responsible, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any information from the articles below.
We removed the advertisement to remind you about supporting Coin Crunch India. Donate to Keep News Free from influence, research oriented and exclusive on Coin Crunch India. Click here to Donate.