This is a daily round up of important blockchain and crypto news between Jan 29, 2019 and Jan 30, 2019 . The focus is on important news around developments in the blockchain space, on exchanges and crypto projects.
Please note that this is neither the only nor the exhaustive list, we are constantly trying to improve the feed and if you have any feedback, please feel free to contact us.
- 0.1 1. Russia’s Ministry of Education Introduces System for Tracking Diamonds via Blockchain
- 0.2 2. Glyph Partners With 3 Crypto Firms for Accredited-Investor Checks
- 0.3 3. Crypto Lender Genesis Capital Processed Nearly $1.1 Billion In 2018
- 0.4 4. JPMorgan Notes Marginal Improvements to Payment System with Blockchain Technology
- 0.5 5. New Zealand Cryptopia Exchange Hack Continues
- 1 Bite-sized News
1. Russia’s Ministry of Education Introduces System for Tracking Diamonds via Blockchain
As per government-backed news agency TASS reports Russia’s Ministry of Education and Science has introduced a Blockchain-enabled platform for tracking natural diamonds. The technology claims to fully guarantee the authenticity of diamond products across all the supply chain, from extraction and polishing to the final owner. Read more
2. Glyph Partners With 3 Crypto Firms for Accredited-Investor Checks
Glyph’s technology is being integrated by Polymath, Swarm and Dealbox – three sites for managing digital securities. It’s the first announcement to date from Glyph, which was launched in 2017 in San Juan, Puerto Rico, and Greaves says Glyph will soon announce up to six additional partners. Read more
3. Crypto Lender Genesis Capital Processed Nearly $1.1 Billion In 2018
The firm, which is affiliated to Genesis Global Trading, published its latest “Digital Asset Lending Snapshot” Wednesday, announcing that it had more than doubled its loan originations in the last three months of 2018, compared to the previous six months. The company processed $500 million in loans between March and October 2018, and again between October and the end of December. Read more
4. JPMorgan Notes Marginal Improvements to Payment System with Blockchain Technology
Experts at financial services giant JPMorgan say that Blockchain technology will provide benefits to banks and payment systems. JPMorgan’s chair of global research, Joyce Chang, said, “Blockchain isn’t going to reinvent the global payment system, but it will provide marginal improvements. The most meaningful impact will probably be three to five years away and mostly on trade finance.” Read more
5. New Zealand Cryptopia Exchange Hack Continues
Two weeks after it first reported a hack, New Zealand-based cryptocurrency exchange Cryptopia is still compromised by cyber criminals. The attack is continuing and that hackers have stolen 1,675 ETH ($175,875) from 17,000 Cryptopia wallets. Among the 17,000 affected wallets are 5,000 which were emptied when the platform was first breached, but have since been refilled. Read more
Only the headlines are enough for these news
- Iran Trying to Persuade 8 Countries to Start Transactions in New National Cryptocurrency Read Story.
- SBI Holdings and R3 extend their partnership to drive adoption of Corda Blockchain Read Story.
- Crypto Exchange Gemini Passes Security Compliance Audit Conducted by Deloitte Read Story.
- US Congress Passes Bill to Require Study of Crypto in Sex, Drug Trafficking Read Story.
- Swiss University ZHAW and Telecoms Firm Swisscom Develop E-Signature for Smart Contracts Read Story.
Disclaimer: The news articles cited or sourced are from platforms other than Coin Crunch India. CoinCrunch.in does not endorse nor support views, opinions or conclusions drawn in these articles. CoinCrunch.in is not responsible for or liable for any content, accuracy or quality within these articles. Readers should do their own due diligence before taking any actions related to the content. Coincrunch.in is not responsible, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any information from the articles below.
We removed the advertisement to remind you about supporting Coin Crunch India. Donate to Keep News Free from influence, research oriented and exclusive on Coin Crunch India. Click here to Donate.