This is a daily round up of important blockchain and crypto news between Feb 3, 2019 and Feb 4, 2019 . The focus is on important news around developments in the blockchain space, on exchanges and crypto projects.
Please note that this is neither the only nor the exhaustive list, we are constantly trying to improve the feed and if you have any feedback, please feel free to contact us.
- 0.1 1. Binance accepting credit cards payment from today
- 0.2 2. NEM Foundation Planning Layoffs and Organizational Restructuring to Survive
- 0.3 3. Indian Gov’t Committee Is Worried about Crypto’s Impact on Rupee’s Stability
- 0.4 4. Alleged SIM-Swap Crypto Thief Indicted for Hacking Over 50 US Victims
- 0.5 5. Amazon ‘Will Have to’ Create Its Own Crypto in Future, Binance CEO Says
- 1 Bite-sized News
1. Binance accepting credit cards payment from today
The exchange said it would be collaborating with payment processing company Simplex, which would enable users to buy their choice of cryptocurrencies on the portal. The exchange is capable of processing reportedly more than 1.4 million orders per second and one of the few platforms where Bitcoin price action happens. Read more
2. NEM Foundation Planning Layoffs and Organizational Restructuring to Survive
The financial situation of the company is very troublesome, and now the Foundation is counting on about $7.5 million of funds to be raised from its community fund in order to survive. The 202 members of NEM Foundation will now be asked to vote on the funding request. A number of organizational restructuring and cost-cutting measures will also be taken to ensure the improvement in financial health of Foundation. Read more
3. Indian Gov’t Committee Is Worried about Crypto’s Impact on Rupee’s Stability
An Indian governmental committee is concerned by the impact that cryptocurrency could have on the rupee, if it is allowed to be used for payments. According to the article, the source further explained that the “overall impact on the financial ecosystem that it is likely to have is still unclear and it has been a challenge to convince them on this particular point.” Read more
4. Alleged SIM-Swap Crypto Thief Indicted for Hacking Over 50 US Victims
A 20-year-old man has been formally charged in a New York Supreme Court indictment over SIM-swapping identity and crypto theft. It was announced that Dawson Bakies, a resident of Ohio, is charged with stealing identities and the cryptocurrency holdings of over 50 victims across the U.S. from October to December last year via SIM-swapping attacks.Read more
5. Amazon ‘Will Have to’ Create Its Own Crypto in Future, Binance CEO Says
One of the cryptocurrency industry’s best-known figures confirmed he still believes online retail giant Amazon cannot avoid issuing its own altcoin. The retail giant has made efforts to adopt forms of Blockchain technology in the past, but its relationship with cryptocurrency remains tied to rumors. Read more
Only the headlines are enough for these news
- Twitter CEO believes Bitcoin is Internet Currency Read Story.
- Genesis Hack Ties Up with Marlin Protocol Read Story.
- New Crypto Legal Framework Comes Into Force in Venezuela Read Story.
- CoinmarketCap under Fire for Promoting Fake Trade Volume Exchanges Read Story.
- Major UK Public Transport Provider Partners with Crypto Startup for Loyalty Program Read Story.
Disclaimer: The news articles cited or sourced are from platforms other than Coin Crunch India. CoinCrunch.in does not endorse nor support views, opinions or conclusions drawn in these articles. CoinCrunch.in is not responsible for or liable for any content, accuracy or quality within these articles. Readers should do their own due diligence before taking any actions related to the content. Coincrunch.in is not responsible, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any information from the articles below.
We removed the advertisement to remind you about supporting Coin Crunch India. Donate to Keep News Free from influence, research oriented and exclusive on Coin Crunch India. Click here to Donate.