This is a daily round up of important blockchain and crypto news between Feb 26, 2019 and Feb 27, 2019 . The focus is on important news around developments in the blockchain space, on exchanges and crypto projects.
Please note that this is neither the only nor the exhaustive list, we are constantly trying to improve the feed and if you have any feedback, please feel free to contact us.
- 0.1 1. Samsung Announces Crypto Projects Supported by Galaxy S10
- 0.2 2. India: IIM Calcutta to Introduce Advanced Course in Blockchain
- 0.3 3. Crypto-Fiat Payments Firm Wirex Launches Major Update, Adds 10 New Fiat Currencies
- 0.4 4. Turkish Telecom Giant Turkcell Introduces Blockchain ID Management Product
- 0.5 5. Russian Ministry of Transport to Pilot IBM–Maersk Blockchain Platform
- 1 Bite-sized News
1. Samsung Announces Crypto Projects Supported by Galaxy S10
Speaking at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain a company official revealed that the phone will have wallet functions for Ethereum, Bitcoin and two other less known tokens, namely COSMEE and Enjin. While COSMEE is a mobile-based beauty social media platform, Enjin is a cryptocurrency wallet that will be installed in Samsung Galaxy S10. Read more
2. India: IIM Calcutta to Introduce Advanced Course in Blockchain
The Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta (IIM, Calcutta) will kickstart an advanced programme in FinTech and financial blockchain for management and financial professionals. The institute will join hands with TalentSprint, a digital platform which provides certificate courses in Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, among others. Read more
3. Crypto-Fiat Payments Firm Wirex Launches Major Update, Adds 10 New Fiat Currencies
From now, Wirex users in the European Economic Area (EEA) can access “unconditional access” to over-the-counter rates for cryptocurrency exchanges, as well as interbank rates for traditional currency exchanges. The update also brings these new features to residents of the Asia-Pacific region and Canada, letting said users operate their Wirex accounts in their local fiat currency for the first time. Read more
4. Turkish Telecom Giant Turkcell Introduces Blockchain ID Management Product
Turkcell reportedly announced its new blockchain product at the technology fair Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2019 on Feb. 25. The ID Management solution is designed to provide users with control over their personal information and ensure privacy in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) requirements. Read more
5. Russian Ministry of Transport to Pilot IBM–Maersk Blockchain Platform
As per the letter, the officials expect TradeLens to reduce paperwork by using smart contracts and connecting supply chain participants including traders, transport companies and shippers via a decentralized network. Using blockchain tech could reportedly cut over 10 billion roubles ($152 million) in operational costs, experts told Kommersant. Read more
Only the headlines are enough for these news
- XRP Will be Used In All Banks in Japan by 2025 Read Story.
- Fintech Startup SoFi to Roll Out Crypto Read Story.
- Ex-PayPal COO Hails Bitcoin ‘Acceleration’ as He Joins Lightning Torch Relay Read Story.
- Russian President Putin Orders Government to Adopt Crypto Regulation by July 2019 Read Story.
- Crypto Exchange Huobi Adds Support for Ethereum-Based Tether Read Story.
Disclaimer: The news articles cited or sourced are from platforms other than Coin Crunch India. CoinCrunch.in does not endorse nor support views, opinions or conclusions drawn in these articles. CoinCrunch.in is not responsible for or liable for any content, accuracy or quality within these articles. Readers should do their own due diligence before taking any actions related to the content. Coincrunch.in is not responsible, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any information from the articles below.
We removed the advertisement to remind you about supporting Coin Crunch India. Donate to Keep News Free from influence, research oriented and exclusive on Coin Crunch India. Click here to Donate.