This is a daily round up of important blockchain and crypto news between Feb 27, 2019 and Feb 28, 2019 . The focus is on important news around developments in the blockchain space, on exchanges and crypto projects.
Please note that this is neither the only nor the exhaustive list, we are constantly trying to improve the feed and if you have any feedback, please feel free to contact us.
- 0.1 1. Citing Financial Issues, Coinhive Announces Shutdown
- 0.2 2. New PwC Report Sheds Light on the Challenges of Crypto Companies Facing Insolvency
- 0.3 3. Facebook Reportedly Shopping ‘Facebook Coin’ to Crypto Exchanges
- 0.4 4. Pundi X’s New Phone Can Switch Between Blockchain and Android
- 0.5 5. Global Demand for Blockchain Engineers Up 517 Percent in a Year, Says Hired
- 1 Bite-sized News
1. Citing Financial Issues, Coinhive Announces Shutdown
Coinhive, in a statement said, “Some of you might have anticipated this, some of you will be surprised. The decision has been made. We will discontinue our service on March 8, 2019. It has been a blast working on this project over the past 18 months, but to be completely honest, it isn’t economically viable anymore.” Read more
2. New PwC Report Sheds Light on the Challenges of Crypto Companies Facing Insolvency
The report says “Whilst the crypto ecosystem continues to make considerable progress in building out its infrastructure and ‘institutionalising’ the space, many crypto players are facing challenges due to a broad range of issues, from a fall in crypto asset prices to more regular start-up challenges. This is forcing many well-intentioned crypto firms into financially distressed situations with the need to urgently restructure their operations or redefine their business strategy in order to stay afloat.” Read more
3. Facebook Reportedly Shopping ‘Facebook Coin’ to Crypto Exchanges
Notably, Facebook plans to rehaul its messaging infrastructure and integrate its three wholly-owned apps — WhatsApp, Messenger and Instagram — under one canopyFacebook launched its crypto project — led by ex-PayPal president David Marcus — shortly after Telegram had sealed close to $1.7 billion in two private initial coin offering (ICO) rounds for its forthcoming token and blockchain platform Telegram Open Network (TON). Read more
4. Pundi X’s New Phone Can Switch Between Blockchain and Android
Revealed at the Mobile World Congress conference in Barcelona this week, the XPhone will let users switch between a traditional mode that supports Android apps and a “blockchain mode,” which will grant users access to decentralized apps (dapps) loaded on the device. Customers will be able to make the switch with the push of a button. Read more
5. Global Demand for Blockchain Engineers Up 517 Percent in a Year, Says Hired
The document also notes that the second-fastest growing software engineering role is securityengineer, with 132 percent growth, and third is embedded engineer, up 76 percent. The blockchain engineer role also consistently stayed among the top-three most-paid software engineering jobs in the various cities covered in the report. Read more
Only the headlines are enough for these news
- Dogecoin Creator Disses Blockchain, Bitcoin Read Story.
- South Africa’s Standard Bank to Launch Permissioned Blockchain for Overseas Exchange Services Read Story.
- Morgan Creek Joins $65 Million Series B for Blockchain Home Equity Loan Firm Read Story.
- Square Brought in Over $166 Million Through Bitcoin Sales Last Year Read Story.
- Cryptopia Could Open by March 4 as Officials Hint at Sums Lost in Hack Read Story.
Disclaimer: The news articles cited or sourced are from platforms other than Coin Crunch India. CoinCrunch.in does not endorse nor support views, opinions or conclusions drawn in these articles. CoinCrunch.in is not responsible for or liable for any content, accuracy or quality within these articles. Readers should do their own due diligence before taking any actions related to the content. Coincrunch.in is not responsible, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any information from the articles below.
We removed the advertisement to remind you about supporting Coin Crunch India. Donate to Keep News Free from influence, research oriented and exclusive on Coin Crunch India. Click here to Donate.