This is a daily round up of important blockchain and crypto news between March 1, 2019 and March 2, 2019 . The focus is on important news around developments in the blockchain space, on exchanges and crypto projects.
Please note that this is neither the only nor the exhaustive list, we are constantly trying to improve the feed and if you have any feedback, please feel free to contact us.
- 0.1 1. TRON Ranked 2nd as it Makes Entry in China’s CCID Crypto Ranking Report
- 0.2 2. Founders of Ponzi scheme My Big Coin Arrested
- 0.3 3. $100 Million Short: QuadrigaCX Audit Can’t Account for 26K Missing Bitcoin
- 0.4 4. Major Saudi ATM Provider Partners With Blockchain Identity Platform
- 0.5 5. IMF Recommends Immediate Action on Malta’s AML and CFT Supervision
- 1 Bite-sized News
1. TRON Ranked 2nd as it Makes Entry in China’s CCID Crypto Ranking Report
TRON, the blockchain development platform is rapidly scaling up the ladder of success and its aggressive development seems helping it out. In the 10th monthly report of crypto ranking by China’s Center for Information and Industry Development (CCID), TRON has been ranked for the first time on the list. Read more
2. Founders of Ponzi scheme My Big Coin Arrested
Founders of a cryptocurrency-related Ponzi scheme which was masquerading as an Initial Coin Offering (ICO), My Big Coin, have been arrested after a long drawn legislation. The founder, Randall Crater, claimed this cryptocurrency would be backed by $300m in gold reserves. With such reserves in place, one wouldn’t necessarily need investors to contribute additional funds, although some people saw merit in this concept regardless. Read more
3. $100 Million Short: QuadrigaCX Audit Can’t Account for 26K Missing Bitcoin
Ernst and Young (EY), the court-appointed monitor for QuadrigaCX, has finally provided blockchain addresses for the ailing crypto exchange’s cold, or offline, bitcoin wallets. And aside from $400,000 worth of bitcoin that was accidentally sent to the cold wallets in early February, they are empty, meaning $100 million of the cryptocurrency is still missing. Read more
4. Major Saudi ATM Provider Partners With Blockchain Identity Platform
Saudi automated teller machine (ATM) provider Alhamrani Universal (AU) has collaborated with blockchain identity platform ShoCard to develop a blockchain-based biometric ATM. The collaboration will see AU and ShoCard create a new type of an ATM combining blockchain technology and biometrics as part of a five-factor authentication process. Read more
5. IMF Recommends Immediate Action on Malta’s AML and CFT Supervision
The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has said that the Malta Financial Services Authority (MFSA) has critical gaps in its supervision for anti-money laundering (AML) and combating the financing of terrorism (CFT), and is recommending “urgent action.” A Financial System Stability Assessment Report was purportedly issued by the IMF on Thursday, Feb. 28, and represents an assessment of Malta’s financial system, the quality of the regulatory and supervisory framework, as well as the country’s ability to cope with financial crises. Read more
Only the headlines are enough for these news
- Angry Bitcoin Fans Delete Coinbase Accounts to Protest Neutrino Acquisition Read Story.
- Ripple Scores Minor Victory in US Securities Class Action Read Story.
- Blockstream Releases Lightning Upgrade With New ‘Plugin’ Functionality Read Story.
- FATF Issues Preliminary Guidelines on Digital Assets to Combat Money Laundering Read Story.
- Investors in Overstock Crypto Subsidiary Reduce Investment from $404 Mln to $100 Mln Read Story.
Disclaimer: The news articles cited or sourced are from platforms other than Coin Crunch India. CoinCrunch.in does not endorse nor support views, opinions or conclusions drawn in these articles. CoinCrunch.in is not responsible for or liable for any content, accuracy or quality within these articles. Readers should do their own due diligence before taking any actions related to the content. Coincrunch.in is not responsible, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any information from the articles below.
We removed the advertisement to remind you about supporting Coin Crunch India. Donate to Keep News Free from influence, research oriented and exclusive on Coin Crunch India. Click here to Donate.