This is a daily round up of important blockchain and crypto news between March 2, 2019 and March 3, 2019 . The focus is on important news around developments in the blockchain space, on exchanges and crypto projects.
Please note that this is neither the only nor the exhaustive list, we are constantly trying to improve the feed and if you have any feedback, please feel free to contact us.
- 0.1 1. 600,000 Ethereum from QuadrigaCX May Have Been Transferred to Other Exchanges: Report
- 0.2 2. Bahrain Invites Indian Fintech Firms to Set Up Blockchain, Cryptocurrency Industries
- 0.3 3. Gulf Region’s Burgeoning Renewable Energy Sector Should Leverage Blockchain, Experts Argue
- 0.4 4. Ethereum Co-Founder Vitalik Buterin: ETH Is a Solution to Bitcoin’s Limited Functionality
- 0.5 5. Utah Senate to Debate Blockchain Task Force Creation and Business Incentives
- 1 Bite-sized News
1. 600,000 Ethereum from QuadrigaCX May Have Been Transferred to Other Exchanges: Report
The report said, “Based on the transaction analysis included in the report, it appears that a significant amount of Ethereum (600,000+ ETH) was transferred to these exchanges as a means of ‘storage’ during the years that QuadrigaCX was in operation and offering Ethereum on their exchange.” Read more
2. Bahrain Invites Indian Fintech Firms to Set Up Blockchain, Cryptocurrency Industries
While the Indian government ‘mulls over cryptocurrency regulations’, other countries are already taking steps towards the same. In order to promote Bahrain, and by extension, Middle East, as a hub for business enterprises, the country has invited Indian fintech firms to set up business in areas such as open banking, blockchain, crypto assets, robo advisory and remittances.Read more
3. Gulf Region’s Burgeoning Renewable Energy Sector Should Leverage Blockchain, Experts Argue
The GCC -a regional political and economic union that includes all the Arab states of the Persian Gulf, except Iraq — reportedly aims to install 80 gigawatt (GW) of renewable energy capacity across its six member states by 2030, set to account for over half of the union’s existing conventional capacity. Read more
4. Ethereum Co-Founder Vitalik Buterin: ETH Is a Solution to Bitcoin’s Limited Functionality
Ethereum (ETH) co-founder Vitalik Buterin has stated he was trying to solve Bitcoin’s (BTC) limited functionality with the creation of Ethereum. Buterin compared Bitcoin to a plot key calculator, stating that it does one thing and it does it well, while he believes Ethereum is more like a smartphone, which can run apps capable of doing almost everything, including acting as a plot key calculator. Read more
5. Utah Senate to Debate Blockchain Task Force Creation and Business Incentives
Utah became the latest United States state to consider special treatment for blockchain in a bill set to be heard today. First presented by Republican senator Daniel Hemmert on Feb. 25, the “Blockchain Technology Act,” also known as Bill 0213, aims to exclude blockchain businesses from money transmitter compliance obligations. Read more
Only the headlines are enough for these news
- Ledger Devs Post Warning About Monero Client After User Reportedly Loses 1,680 XMR to Bug Read Story.
- Russian Railways to Consider Blockchain Use for Users of Discounted Transport ServicesRead Story.
- Major US Retailer Kroger Drops Visa, Morgan Creek Digital Suggests Lightning NetworkRead Story.
- Tether to Launch New Version of USDT Stablecoin on Tron Blockchain Read Story.
- Buzzworthy Bitcoin Betting Game Hxro to Add Thousands of Waitlisted Users Read Story.
Disclaimer: The news articles cited or sourced are from platforms other than Coin Crunch India. CoinCrunch.in does not endorse nor support views, opinions or conclusions drawn in these articles. CoinCrunch.in is not responsible for or liable for any content, accuracy or quality within these articles. Readers should do their own due diligence before taking any actions related to the content. Coincrunch.in is not responsible, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any information from the articles below.
We removed the advertisement to remind you about supporting Coin Crunch India. Donate to Keep News Free from influence, research oriented and exclusive on Coin Crunch India. Click here to Donate.