This is a daily round up of important blockchain and crypto news between March 4, 2019 and March 5, 2019 . The focus is on important news around developments in the blockchain space, on exchanges and crypto projects.
Please note that this is neither the only nor the exhaustive list, we are constantly trying to improve the feed and if you have any feedback, please feel free to contact us.
1. Major US Grocery Chain Kroger to Halt VISA Payments, Plans to Accept Bitcoin
The supermarket chain will halt VISA payments from all its stores and fueling station this April in protest to payment processor’s excessive transaction fees. And, from here, the supermarket chain is actively considering the introduction of crypto as an alternative payment option. Read more
2. Supreme Court of India Advocate Makes the Case Against Regulating Bitcoin
Currently, the Supreme Court is listening to multiple court cases pertaining to regulations on bitcoin, et al. Cryptocurrency exchanges had filed multiple petitions against the RBI. Apart from that, there are many individual petitioners who have filed a petition asking the Union of India to come to a speedy conclusion. Read more
3. EY Aims to Make It Easier to Calculate Crypto Taxes With New Tool
“Big Four” consulting firm EY has launched a tool to help cryptocurrency users with their accounting and tax calculations. The firm announced Monday that the software solution, called EY Crypto-Asset Accounting and Tax (CAAT), was designed to assist its U.S. customers prepare Internal Revenue Service (IRS) tax returns related to crypto assets. Read more
4. Majority of 400 Vulnerable Docker Servers Found to Be Mining Monero, Research Shows
About 400 servers running virtualization software Docker were found to be vulnerable to outside exploitation. Most of them were seemingly running Monero (XMR) mining software, cybersecurity company Imperva reports on March 4. A misconfiguration of the vulnerable Docker hosts permits public access to the Docker API, which should only be locally accessible. Read more
5. Retail Giant Carrefour Applies Blockchain for Tracking Milk Product Supply Chain
Starting from March, the retail giant is gradually rolling out its new blockchain-powered product, Carrefour Quality Line (CQL) micro-filtered full-fat milk. CQL is touted to guarantee consumers complete product traceability across the entire supply chain— from farmers to the store shelves. Read more
[Ad] Place Bracket Orders with Trailing Stop loss on Binance with KoinFox
A trading tool that lets you place bracket orders with limit price, stop loss and target price on your own Binance account. Check it out.
Only the headlines are enough for these news
- Coinhive to Shut its Door as Operations Turned Economically Unviable Read Story.
- BlockFi Now Offers a Crypto Deposit Account With Compound Interest Read Story.
- SIX Swiss Exchange Launches Ethereum-Based Exchange-Traded Product Read Story.
- Coinbase Technology Partner Refutes Alleged Collection, Sale of User Data to Third Parties Read Story.
- Russia to Introduce Special Crypto Regulations for ‘Russian Offshores’Read Story.
Disclaimer: The news articles cited or sourced are from platforms other than Coin Crunch India. CoinCrunch.in does not endorse nor support views, opinions or conclusions drawn in these articles. CoinCrunch.in is not responsible for or liable for any content, accuracy or quality within these articles. Readers should do their own due diligence before taking any actions related to the content. Coincrunch.in is not responsible, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any information from the articles below.
We removed an advertisement here to remind you about supporting Coin Crunch India. Click here to Donate.