This is a daily round up of important blockchain and crypto news between March 12, 2019 and March 13, 2019 . The focus is on important news around developments in the blockchain space, on exchanges and crypto projects.
Please note that this is neither the only nor the exhaustive list, we are constantly trying to improve the feed and if you have any feedback, please feel free to contact us
- 0.1 1. Public Sector & BFSI Driving Blockchain Adoption in India: NASSCOM Report
- 0.2 2. Nasdaq Licenses Tech to a ‘One-Stop Shop’ for Crypto Trading and Mining
- 0.3 3. Growth of Crypto Industry Could Threaten Banks, Financial Stability: Basel Committee
- 0.4 4. Binance-Backed OTC Firm Releases Anti-Money Laundering Compliance-as-a-Service Product
- 0.5 5. Ripple’s Xpring and Forte Establish $100 Mln Fund to Support Blockchain in Gaming
- 1 Bite-sized News
1. Public Sector & BFSI Driving Blockchain Adoption in India: NASSCOM Report
Globally, the blockchain ecosystem has attracted investments in the tune of $20 billion, across an array of services and industries. The Indian blockchain ecosystem is mostly dominated by public sector players with nearly half of the states getting involved with the use of technology in different spheres. Read more
2. Nasdaq Licenses Tech to a ‘One-Stop Shop’ for Crypto Trading and Mining
Bcause LLC, a self-described “full-stack cryptocurrency ecosystem,” plans to use Nasdaq technology to operate its markets. The company announced Wednesday that it would be using Nasdaq’s matching engine, clearing and market surveillance tools through the Nasdaq Financial Framework platform to operate a spot cryptocurrency market, to be launched within the next few months. Read more
3. Growth of Crypto Industry Could Threaten Banks, Financial Stability: Basel Committee
In today’s statement, the committee warned that the robust growth of the crypto industry could potentially “raise financial stability concerns and increase risks faced by banks.” The committee noted the risks were present despite the crypto market’s currently small scale in relation to the scope of the global financial system. Read more
4. Binance-Backed OTC Firm Releases Anti-Money Laundering Compliance-as-a-Service Product
The parties have reportedly released an AML compliance-as-a-service product dubbed “Koi Compliance,” supporting digital currency and targeting money services businesses. The new platform will purportedly enable companies to focus on conducting their business, letting Koi Compliance to perform Know Your Customer (KYC) procedures, monitor transactions, conduct sanctions screening, and keep records. Read more
5. Ripple’s Xpring and Forte Establish $100 Mln Fund to Support Blockchain in Gaming
The initiative is designed to bolster the mass adoption of blockchain technology in the game industry through the increase of engagement and monetization with players. Forte is reportedly targeting game developers running live games economies with more than 50,000 daily active users and an interest in blockchain deployment. Read more
Only the headlines are enough for these news
- After Coinbase Now Trust Wallet Adds Support for XRP Read Story.
- The New York Times Is Planning to Experiment With Blockchain Publishing Read Story.
- Digital Currency Wallet Abra Adds Direct Support for ETH Instead of as Asset DerivativeRead Story.
- Polychain, DCG Invest in Crypto Futures Exchange CoinFLEX Read Story.
- Coinbase.com Users Can Now Send Crypto Directly to Firm’s Wallet App Read Story.
Disclaimer: The news articles cited or sourced are from platforms other than Coin Crunch India. CoinCrunch.in does not endorse nor support views, opinions or conclusions drawn in these articles. CoinCrunch.in is not responsible for or liable for any content, accuracy or quality within these articles. Readers should do their own due diligence before taking any actions related to the content. Coincrunch.in is not responsible, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any information from the articles below.
We removed an advertisement here to remind you about supporting Coin Crunch India. Click here to Donate.