This is a daily round up of important blockchain and crypto news between March 13, 2019 and March 14, 2019 . The focus is on important news around developments in the blockchain space, on exchanges and crypto projects.
Please note that this is neither the only nor the exhaustive list, we are constantly trying to improve the feed and if you have any feedback, please feel free to contact us
- 0.1 1. India Ranked 6th in Number of Blockchain Patents While China Claimed the Top Spot
- 0.2 2. Crypto Startup: JP Morgan Chase Closed our Account with No Explanation
- 0.3 3. Canadian Police Asks for Public Assistance to Identify Bitcoin Fraudsters
- 0.4 4. Vonage Subsidiary Receives Patent to Secure Voice Communications With Blockchain
- 0.5 5. Coinbase Custody Conducts First OTC Trade From Cold Storage
- 1 Bite-sized News
1. India Ranked 6th in Number of Blockchain Patents While China Claimed the Top Spot
As per the data, China leads the chart with the most number of patents originating from its land compared to the United States, despite its hard stance on cryptocurrencies. China has almost 790 patents approvals, followed closely by the United States with 762 patent approval. Read more
2. Crypto Startup: JP Morgan Chase Closed our Account with No Explanation
Cryptoraves, a company that is working on the tokenization of social media, had its bank account shut down last month by JP Morgan, not long after news of JPM Coin broke. Eventually, the crypto startup was told that they were working in a “prohibited industry,” but they couldn’t get more details than that. Read more
3. Canadian Police Asks for Public Assistance to Identify Bitcoin Fraudsters
The Calgary Police Service (CPS) Cybercrime Team has asked the public to assist in the identification of four individuals allegedly involved in multiple fraudulent transactions made within the country and targeting one Canadian Bitcoin firm. The CPS initially received the information in October 2018. Read more
4. Vonage Subsidiary Receives Patent to Secure Voice Communications With Blockchain
“Specifically, the development represents a system for securely recording voice communications, such as phone calls, using a distributed blockchain network. The system is purportedly designed to streamline secure file creation, storage and access through authentication and authorization for users. Read more
5. Coinbase Custody Conducts First OTC Trade From Cold Storage
The post reveals that Coinbase Custody is now directly integrated with Coinbase’s OTC desk, which enables customers to use the OTC desk to price and confirm trades prior to moving funds. The product purportedly provides easy and immediate liquidity on users’ offline funds, meaning that it now takes less time for Custody users to get access to their funds and avoid the waiting period to access them. Read more
Only the headlines are enough for these news
- Kenyans Duped of Millions of Dollars in Cryptocurrency Ponzi Scheme Read Story.
- Ripple Bets Big on Blockchain Gaming with $100 Million Fund via Xpring Read Story.
- Court Rules Quoine Exchange Liable for Reversing Bitcoin Trades Worth Millions Read Story.
- QuadrigaCX Widow: CEO Mixed Personal Funds with Crypto Exchange Read Story.
- IBM Publishes Patent for Resisting Replay Attacks in Permissioned Blockchains Read Story.
Disclaimer: The news articles cited or sourced are from platforms other than Coin Crunch India. CoinCrunch.in does not endorse nor support views, opinions or conclusions drawn in these articles. CoinCrunch.in is not responsible for or liable for any content, accuracy or quality within these articles. Readers should do their own due diligence before taking any actions related to the content. Coincrunch.in is not responsible, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any information from the articles below.
We removed an advertisement here to remind you about supporting Coin Crunch India. Click here to Donate.