This is a daily round up of important blockchain and crypto news between March 14, 2019 and March 15, 2019 . The focus is on important news around developments in the blockchain space, on exchanges and crypto projects.
Please note that this is neither the only nor the exhaustive list, we are constantly trying to improve the feed and if you have any feedback, please feel free to contact us
1. CEO of Defunct Exchange Mt Gox Goes Scot-Free
It was reported that the former Mt. Gox chief executive officer sometimes mixed his personal finances with those of the exchange and cooked up the account books, allegedly to hide the fact that the platform had lost money to hackers, the Tokyo District Court had said on Friday. The court cleared Kapelès of embezzlement charges, concluding that the 33-year-old Frenchman had acted without ill intent. Read more
2. Indian Blockchain Group Aims to Unite All Stakeholders in the Community
An Indian blockchain community, Blockchained India has recently started making waves around the country, to spread awareness on the technology. Although, the group has been on Telegram for a while, they recently started hosting Town Halls, in prominent Indian cities to discuss if India requires regulations on cryptocurrencies. Read more
3. IBM Hints at Stablecoin Cross-Border Payments Solution for Financial Institutions
The head of blockchain solutions for IBM, Jesse Lund, has hinted that bank-targeted stablecoins will be a major forthcoming development for the tech giant’s blockchain-powered cross-border payments solution. Lund made his remarks during an interview on financial news channel Cheddar on March 15 Read more
4. Google Deletes Crypto Malware Targeting Blockchain.com, MyEtherWallet Users
The extension for Chrome web browser, with the name NoCoin, gained 230 downloads before Google deleted it, according to Harry Denley, who runs cryptocurrency scam database EtherscamDB. Denley noted that hackers had purposely disguised the malicious extension to look like a tool protecting users from cryptocurrency malware or so-called cryptojacking. Read more
5. Consensus Algorithm Tendermint Raises $9 Mln in Series A Investment Round
Tendermint has raised $9 million in the Series A investment round led by cryptocurrency investment company Paradigm, with contribution from Bain Capital and 1confirmation among other investors. Part of the funds will purportedly be allocated to support of further development of the Cosmos Network and its ecosystem. Read more
Only the headlines are enough for these news
- CBOE Holds Listing of New Bitcoin Futures Contract Indefinitely, To Review its Crypto Offering Read Story.
- French Court Clerks to Use IBM Blockchain Platform for Corporate Registry Read Story.
- Japan to Hold First Ever Trial Over Crypto Hacking Losses Read Story.
- Gatecoin Crypto Exchange to Shut Down on Court’s Orders Read Story.
- Bitfury Brings Lightning Payments to US Payment Gateway HadePay Read Story.
Disclaimer: The news articles cited or sourced are from platforms other than Coin Crunch India. CoinCrunch.in does not endorse nor support views, opinions or conclusions drawn in these articles. CoinCrunch.in is not responsible for or liable for any content, accuracy or quality within these articles. Readers should do their own due diligence before taking any actions related to the content. Coincrunch.in is not responsible, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any information from the articles below.
We removed an advertisement here to remind you about supporting Coin Crunch India. Click here to Donate.