This is a daily round up of important blockchain and crypto news between March 18, 2019 and March 19, 2019 . The focus is on important news around developments in the blockchain space, on exchanges and crypto projects.
Please note that this is neither the only nor the exhaustive list, we are constantly trying to improve the feed and if you have any feedback, please feel free to contact us
1. Six Major International Banks Set to Issue Their Own Stablecoins on IBM Blockchain
IBM said in a joint statement issued with Stellar at Money 2020 conference in Singapore that its Blockchain World Wire (BWW) service, which was developed jointly with Stellar, has gone live today with the support of as many as 44 banks. Now out of these 44 banks, six have confirmed themselves that they’re part of the game. Read more
2. Korea’s Biggest Messaging App KakaoTalk Set to Integrate Crypto Wallet
As per the report, Kakao is believed to have raised $90 million for the development of its own blockchain network called Klatyn, and integration of the crypto wallet to messaging app is one of the ways to introduce their own blockchain network to the public. Read more
3. Bitmain’s Latest Zcash Miner Claimed to Have Tripled Hashing Power
The company adds the new product offers a hashing power of 135K sol/s (solutions per second), which is “three times more powerful” than its previous Equihash miner, the Antminer Z9, which was released in last May. Sol/s is generally equivalent to h/s (hashes per second), which is the number of hash computations created per second in cryptocurrency mining. Read more
4. Québécois Regulator Calls for Investors in Non-Compliant Blockchain Firm to Come Forward
Québec’s financial markets regulator has asked investors in the firm Laboratoire Blockchain to come forward, now that the firm and associated individuals face a sweep of injunctive orders over their alleged violations of securities laws. The orders, issued due to alleged breaches of national securities laws, prohibit the defendants from all activities related to the promotion and transaction of securities. Read more
5. Overstock to Retain Retail Arm, Support Blockchain and Crypto Ventures
During the section of the conference call devoted to retail, Byrne said that “this is going to be a year of explosive growth,” and that the retail wing would “spit out cash.”The CEO predicted that the firm was going to “do $115 million dollars better than last year.” Of that $115 million dollar amount, Byrne says that $33 million will come from improvements in expense management and retail tech, while $82 million will come from planned improvements in retail contribution. Read more
Only the headlines are enough for these news
- IMF Says Cryptocurrencies Cannot Fulfill Basic Functions of Money Read Story.
- XRP Enables Payments Through Microsoft Outlook Read Story.
- Bithumb Lays off 50% of its Workforce in Effort to Cut Costs Amid Decreasing Trading Volumes Read Story.
- A Lightning API for Bitcoin Futures Data Has Launched Read Story.
- Largest Swiss Online Retailer Digitec Galaxus Now Accepts Cryptocurrencies Read Story.
Disclaimer: The news articles cited or sourced are from platforms other than Coin Crunch India. CoinCrunch.in does not endorse nor support views, opinions or conclusions drawn in these articles. CoinCrunch.in is not responsible for or liable for any content, accuracy or quality within these articles. Readers should do their own due diligence before taking any actions related to the content. Coincrunch.in is not responsible, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any information from the articles below.
We removed an advertisement here to remind you about supporting Coin Crunch India. Click here to Donate.