This is a daily round up of important blockchain and crypto news between March 20, 2019 and March 21, 2019 . The focus is on important news around developments in the blockchain space, on exchanges and crypto projects.
Please note that this is neither the only nor the exhaustive list, we are constantly trying to improve the feed and if you have any feedback, please feel free to contact us
- 0.1 1. Jack Dorsey Announces That he is Looking for Crypto Engineers
- 0.2 2. Swiss Parliament Votes in Favor of Crypto Regulations
- 0.3 3. Bitmain’s overproduction of ASIC miners led to lower mining profits, claims miner
- 0.4 4. Binance API Seemingly Reveals Ongoing Margin Trading Implementation
- 0.5 5. Nvidia Expects to Finish Selling Leftover Inventory From Crypto Bear Market by Q1 2019
- 1 Bite-sized News
1. Jack Dorsey Announces That he is Looking for Crypto Engineers
Explaining the reason behind this decision, Dorsey said, “Last week I was considering my hack week project, and asked @brockm (Mike Brock): “what is the most impactful thing we could do for the bitcoin community?” His answer was simple: “pay people to make the broader crypto ecosystem better.” This resonated with me immediately, so we’re doing it.” Read more
2. Swiss Parliament Votes in Favor of Crypto Regulations
Switzerland’s lower house of parliament has narrowly voted in favor of introducing cryptocurrency regulations. A total of 99 members of the Federal Assembly’s lower house National Council supported a motion put forward by Giovanni Merlini, the Member of Parliament for Tessin (also known as Ticino). Merlini’s proposed regulations will now be considered by the parliament’s upper house, the Council of States. Read more
3. Bitmain’s overproduction of ASIC miners led to lower mining profits, claims miner
Bitmain and other crypto companies suffered massive losses during the bear market. However, Bitmain’s effect on Bitcoin’s price, performance, and its decentralization was discovered to be more than what was previously anticipated. James McAvity, a Bitcoin enthusiast and miner, posted a series of tweets explaining how Bitmain’s overproduction of ASIC miners ultimately affected the coin’s miners. Read more
4. Binance API Seemingly Reveals Ongoing Margin Trading Implementation
The API now includes two additional boolean — which means that their value can be only true or false — variables. The name of the first added variable is “isSpotTradingAllowed,” while the second is “isMarginTradingAllowed.” The self-explanatory variable names seemingly suggest that Binance is in the midst of implementing margin trading capability. Read more
5. Nvidia Expects to Finish Selling Leftover Inventory From Crypto Bear Market by Q1 2019
The company is now working on selling the crypto-oriented inventory that remained unsold as the crypto bear market continues. The firm predicted that it would be able to sell the excess inventory by the end of the current quarter. Read more
Only the headlines are enough for these news
- Numerai Token Sale Raises $11 Million From VC Firms Paradigm, Placeholder Read Story.
- Lightning Labs Releases ‘Loop’ Feature for Bitcoin Payments Channels Read Story.
- Creditors Committee Formed for Collapsed Crypto Exchange QuadrigaCX Read Story.
- Sirin Labs Partners With MyEtherWallet to Enhance Outreach of Blockchain Smartphone Read Story.
- Facebook Posts Job Vacancy for Senior Lawyer With Blockchain, Payments Experience Read Story.
Disclaimer: The news articles cited or sourced are from platforms other than Coin Crunch India. CoinCrunch.in does not endorse nor support views, opinions or conclusions drawn in these articles. CoinCrunch.in is not responsible for or liable for any content, accuracy or quality within these articles. Readers should do their own due diligence before taking any actions related to the content. Coincrunch.in is not responsible, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any information from the articles below.
We removed an advertisement here to remind you about supporting Coin Crunch India. Click here to Donate.