This is a daily round up of important blockchain and crypto news between March 25, 2019 and March 26, 2019 . The focus is on important news around developments in the blockchain space, on exchanges and crypto projects.
Please note that this is neither the only nor the exhaustive list, we are constantly trying to improve the feed and if you have any feedback, please feel free to contact us
- 0.1 1. Now It May Be Possible to Send Bitcoin Through WhatsApp
- 0.2 2. India : Another Rs100 crore Crypto Ponzi Scheme Busted
- 0.3 3. TrueUSD Stablecoin Holders Can Get ‘Up to 8%’ Interest Via CredEarn
- 0.4 4. Staking Startup Claims ‘Up to 30%’ Returns for Just Holding Crypto
- 0.5 5. Crypto Exchange Coinbene Announces Ongoing Maintenance While Customers Suspect Hack
- 1 Bite-sized News
1. Now It May Be Possible to Send Bitcoin Through WhatsApp
As per reports by news portal, Toshi Times, it will soon be possible to send bitcoin through these messaging apps, which will be made possible by a cryptocurrency wallet known as Wuabit. Wuabit was launched last year and the product is still in its beta phase. Read more
2. India : Another Rs100 crore Crypto Ponzi Scheme Busted
The Mumbai city crime branch, arrested four youths, who were running a cryptocurrency Ponzi scheme that was busted last month.Crime branch (Unit XII), arrested Ashok Goyal Jaipuria, Asif Malpani, Baljit Singh Saini and Pradeep Arora from Delhi after their names popped up in the Rs 100 crore racket. The mastermind behind the scam, Goyal had several of his bank accounts frozen. Read more
3. TrueUSD Stablecoin Holders Can Get ‘Up to 8%’ Interest Via CredEarn
Holders of the
dollar-pegged stablecoin TrueUSD can now leverage their funds to generate
returns under a new partnership between the token’s developer TrustToken and
crypto lender Cred. The deal will enable TUSD holders take part in the CredEarn
program, which pays back interest for loans of digital assets to Cred’s
platform. Within the U.S., TUSD holders in 29 states can participate in
the program. Read
4. Staking Startup Claims ‘Up to 30%’ Returns for Just Holding Crypto
Blockchain staking-as-a-service startup Battlestar Capital says customers can earn “up to 30 percent” interest annually on their idle cryptocurrency holdings. Battlestar said that it has partnered with cryptocurrency lending startup Celsius Network to launch a large-scale staking service that provides the potentially high returns. Read more
5. Crypto Exchange Coinbene Announces Ongoing Maintenance While Customers Suspect Hack
Cryptocurrency exchange Coinbene, ranked 16th on CoinMarketCap by adjusted volume, has announced it is undergoing maintenance on Tuesday, March 26, as the crypto industry discusses rumors that the exchange has been hacked. Read more
Only the headlines are enough for these news
- ‘Rakuten Wallet’ Crypto Exchange Set to Go Live Soon in Japan Read Story.
- Singapore-Based Crypto Exchange DragonEx Has Been Hacked Read Story.
- Binance Partners With Risk Management Firm IdentityMind for KYC and AML ComplianceRead Story.
- Over 130-Year-Old Liquor Company William Grant & Sons to Track Whiskey on Blockchain Read Story.
- Insurance Blockchain Startup B3i Raises $16 Million Read Story.
Disclaimer: The news articles cited or sourced are from platforms other than Coin Crunch India. CoinCrunch.in does not endorse nor support views, opinions or conclusions drawn in these articles. CoinCrunch.in is not responsible for or liable for any content, accuracy or quality within these articles. Readers should do their own due diligence before taking any actions related to the content. Coincrunch.in is not responsible, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any information from the articles below.
We removed an advertisement here to remind you about supporting Coin Crunch India. Click here to Donate.