Crypto, regardless of whether it’s been the boom of 2017 or the winter of 2008, has continued to generate enormous interest amongst consumers, users, policymakers and virtually everyone else. By extension, the blockchain space has seen similar curiosity from all directions. This new and exciting market has now evolved from its initial adoption phase to a more mature domain. To adopt and embrace this evolution of finance to a secured and decentralized environment, we’re seeing several platforms engage in awareness drives and education plans. On that note, Binance, the largest crypto exchange in the world, has just announced one of its new offerings – the Binance Crypto Gurukul, which it calls a step towards educating crypto and blockchain enthusiasts in India on digital assets and distributed ledger technologies.
So what is the Binance Crypto Gurukul program?
The Binance Gurukul Program will provide a platform for crypto enthusiasts to learn more about blockchain-based technologies, with curated learning material from Binance Academy. It’s designed specifically for Indian users, and perhaps most importantly – is free of cost and open to anyone interested. There’s no enrollment course as such, but the platform does seem to have a structure in place for effective learning, with gamification and rewards too.
The program is ideal for those seeking:
- A superior understanding of crypto and blockchain space
- To learn the ins and outs of cryptocurrency space using Binance’s in-house learning repository of crypto and blockchain learning resources – Binance Academy.
- A chance to meet and talk to experts of the blockchain ecosystem and be a part of Binance’s popular trading and tech webinars or meetups.
- To evolve into a crypto-aware influencer and help others understand the facts and benefits of crypto & blockchain
Of course, as engaged users, there will also be opportunities to:
- Learn and help friends identify scams and how to stay away from them
- Guide and help others to understand the fundamentals of crypto and blockchain technology
- Share educational and hand-picked content from Binance Academy and SAFU initiative catered for the Indian audience.
- Organize Crypto Gurukul educational awareness initiatives for colleges & social circles (offline/ online) on crypto and blockchain with Binance.
- Become one of the key contributors in bringing crypto and blockchain knowledge to the Indian youth via blogs, memes, etc.
- Be a Crypto content leader in your city / town / area / campus / social community
Binance says it will also share interesting content users come up with across their official Indian social media channels.
How to join Binance Crypto Gurukul
- Open an account on Binance India and complete KYC. (If you already have a Binance account, skip this step).
- Complete this form and send it over. Don’t forget to enter the Binance ID generated in the first step.
Of course, it is important to note that users should not see this campaign as a way of getting financial advice or information used for making financial making. The purpose of this campaign clearly seems to be the promotion of financial literacy amongst Indian users on the nature of cryptocurrencies.